Loofah Sponge 100% Natural
What is a loofa, luffa, loofah?
Our loofah is a wonderful, natural exfoliant. It begins as a gourd, and, once matured, is harvested, cleaned, and dehydrated.
Loofah is a type of gourd, but most of us know it as a sponge. It is also spelled “luffa,” but it doesn't come from the sea. It comes from a vegetable in the Cucurbitaceae family. It is related to the pumpkin and squash.
The texture of a loofah is rough when dry, but once you add hot water it becomes soft and supple.
NOTE: Since these are natural products, they may vary in size.
Best Used As :
1) A gentle and natural, yet effective ' scrubber ' for cleansing and exfoliation of the skin.
2) A sponge for cleaning fruits and vegetables or dishes. It is soft when wet and so, would not scratch stainless steel dishes.
Directions For Use :
1) Simply wet the sponge and it will become soft. You may use it alone or with some soap or shower gel or washing liquid etc.
2) Rinse your loofah after each use. Use hot, clean water, making sure all the soap is gone.
3) Dry the loofah completely between uses. Put it in a place with good circulation so it can dry completely. Drying it out will prevent bacteria and mold from forming inside the loofah. Since many bathrooms stay humid, you might want to dry the loofah in the sun.
4) Sanitize your loofah once a week. You may boil it in a pot of water, run it through the dishwasher or laundry washer, or microwave it for 30 seconds to prevent unwanted bacterial or mold growth.
This Loofah Sponge comes unpackaged and can be composted at the end of its life.